terça-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2023

 "Auto VooDoo"



Life is not for the faint-hearted! This is the impactful maxim with which I began the rewrite of "Auto VooDoo" in 2009. My routine then consisted of early mornings, writing in cafes, fueled by milk and coffee. After a significant personal setback, which I saw as a defeat, my world seemed to collapse. I secluded myself, devouring books that melted away my long-held beliefs. I needed self-forgiveness, struggling to accept how my intense efforts had seemingly led to nothing.

Forgiving oneself is challenging. It's like hitting the bullseye - harder as you get to the center, and no one is more central to your life than yourself. There are two essential forms of forgiveness: forgiveness from Jesus, without which there's no hope or path forward and self-forgiveness. Forgiveness is never deserved; it's an act of grace. It liberates and infuses life with new possibilities, better sleep, and a vigorous heart.

Today, I rewrite a heavy text. I refuse to add to the daily burdens we all feel. Life can be overwhelming - pandemic woes, unpaid bills, employment struggles, and personal conflicts. People carry a tired look; getting to a state of chronic fatigue is easy. But there's a solution.

I won't promise a carefree life - that's unrealistic. But a less burdensome life full of meaning, purpose, and vitality is possible through Jesus. He invites the weary to trade their burdens for His lightness. Accept His eternal embrace, the sigh of relief, and continue lighter.

Nenhum comentário: